From city to city - This stop is London, 倫敦.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

12 Mai 2010

Ever since monday Ricky has been working late and I only see him at 10:00 pm.   As he is a "Type A" perfectionist who is very talented in languages.  I have been hestitating to speak japanese / french in front of him.  I might have fooled my japanese colleagues, but Ricky is a lot less forgiving in terms of my pronounciation and grammer.  

I have been trying to avoid talking to him about my french class.  Tonight he finally broke the silence and asked what did I actually learn.  With no surprise, my disasterous pronounciation got onto his nerves.  He spent an hour to correct my phonetics, he also explains the difference between english and french pronounciation.  

At first I was very scared that I will disappoint him but with his patience and clear demonstration of the tongue and throat.  I have improved a lot in an hour! Viola!!!!

Isn't this the joy of studying? Learning new things and improving yourself.  I am soo lucky to have Ricky as my sensei!

So we made a deal, I will buy him a piece of famous paris patisserie every night in exchange of a french phonetics lesson.... (of course I do get to have a little bit too!)

oh.... paris patisserie.... I need another post to talk about it...

No comments: