Before the dinner : I have always been the "lovely sweetheart" in the eyes of all aunties and uncles... So I was quite confident before meeting my future parents-in-law for dinner. All I have to do is to put on my perfect cute smile, and keep pouring tea.
During the dinner : I realized my face has become frozen due to over-smiling, and my hands were shaking when I poured tea. Luckily I sensed the same level of nervousness from John's dad as he would give immediate attention whenever I speak. My mother-in-law was quite proactive in terms of starting conversation.
After the dinner : Finally I am the one who mentioned about the banquet arrangement. Mr Ho have comfortably left me with this responsbility with no shame! I have to break the news that the banquet will be in Repulse Bay and in western style. However, John's dad has been lovely and welcomed me to become part of his new family member!
It wasnt the most pleasant experience but I guess you have to put time into building relationships. I guess it is different when you try to make an impression on your hubby's mom than just a regular auntie = P
No comments:
Post a Comment