From city to city - This stop is London, 倫敦.

Monday, December 15, 2008

Desktop VS Laptop

what is the value of desktop and a laptop?

after all these years with my little lovely laptop... I really really really want a desktop...
I wont forget the convenience a laptop can give... I can bring it to my bed to skype, bring it to the kitchen so I can listen to internet radio while I am cooking.... or even bring it to my bathroom so I can enjoy music while enjoying a nice hot tub at the same time....

3 years ago when I need to buy a new computer, my friends and I refer to our choice of computers to our perference to stability.

A laptop is very light and mobile, you can easily carry it anywhere. Convenience also comes with a price, you need to pay more for the freedom.

With a lower price, you can probably find a desktop with more megabites and functions. The only problem is, not easy to carry it around....

The premium you paid is for the freedom to move around.

3 years ago I choose a laptop because I yarn the freedom.
3 years later I want a desktop... does it mean I want more stability?

(hum... or I guess... comparatively.... )
(hum.... or I am just sick of the tiny screen and tiny keyboard) ---> yes, thatz it!

1 comment:

MEARI said...

I also struggle between laptop and desktop too. But I also struggle between more space (to have more stuff) and more speedy processor. I also struggle between more money (to buy more stuff) and bigger screen too...

That is why I am still using my old laptop.