From city to city - This stop is London, 倫敦.

Monday, December 15, 2008

TV in UK and US

Just like a lot of people, John and I love watching TV during and after our dinner... A bit of relax and bonding time after a day of hard work / study.

I noticed a signifinance difference in my choice of TV as compared to that in the US. When I was in NY, I LOVE watching "Bravo!", I feel a bit shameful to say.... I enjoyed the shows like "Top Chef", "Project Runway" and "Millionaire Matchmaker" These are the kind of spinoff shows from "the Apprentice". A group of people competing for a final glory.. sometimes I doubt the truthfulness in these shows as every eposide involves somekind of fights and drama...

Lets see what we have been watching here.... Gordon Ramsey Cooking shows.. (they are quite interesting and Gordon is quite funny and blunt) BBC WWII, honestly, if it wasnt for John, I would have completed skipped this program. However, BBC have absolutely done a fantastic job in bringing the history back to life....

haha... I started off wanting to write how distastful US TVs are ... until I realize one thing...

what is the difference between the apprentice show and WWII?

it ultimately is the same... it is a group of people competing for a final glory...

so history never change? or people never change?

No comments: