yes there are still some housework to sort out, blah blah blah, but I can still do them after I start working, right?
Finally I have decided to be a touist of london for a day, and enjoy all the freebies this city have to offer..
1) I started off my day by meeting my university mentor at a small boutique hotel in Marble Arch. A cup of morning tea of course is on him... It is through my mentor which I learnt you don't have to be a customer to use the business/ library facilities in many small boutique hotel. As long as you look classy and confident! My mentor has been using their business center as his private office for quite some months!
2) After a quick bit at the big M, I headed to the National Gallery for their free "Talk and Draw" class. The gallery has invited an artist to talk about a particular painting, afterwards, the artist gave us some guidance as to drawing the painting ourselves! It was a very interesting experience. The artist asked us to fold the paper in half, and drew the right and left face separately. After we finished, we opened the paper to see whether our left and right drawings co-ordinate with each other. mine was..... hee hee (P.S. it is a painting of a sad Pope..)
3) Free Introductory tour at the V&A
V&A is one of my favourite museums which i have visitied many times. This time, the guide brought me to areas which I have never explored. They are doing a late friday night event, the lower ground entrance tunnel was decorated with some kind of chinese calligraphy? The artist actually came to explain to me the concept. It is a collaboration between a chinese and british artist. They have chosen special music to accompany the work.. too bad I can't stay for the night to enjoy the music .. I have to run to another free drawing event! Very interesting though!
The British Concept (balloons..)
The Chinese Concept
(can you see a link between the two? honestly I can't, guess I am not artistic enough)
3) Free drawing session at the National Protrait Gallery
The session was very similar to that of the National Gallery. But they provided a lot more different kind of drawing materials. This time we were focusing on the facial expression. We weren't allow to take picture at the museum! I had a quick snack at the cafe and that is the only pic I took.
It was already 7:30pm by the time I finished my drawing... time to say goodbye to a semi-tourist (but FREE) day, go home and prepare dinner for my beloved hubby!



No comments:
Post a Comment