I have never been an athelic. All these years I have never really seen sports as fun. (other than badminton in high school I guess...)
I go swimming and play tennis with my parents because these are the activities they enjoy. and I love spending some quality time with them / (and keep them healthy). But these activities never come across my mind as fun..
And please don't get me started on going to the gym. I only go because I need to lose weight. How unnatural is it to be running in an air-condition room staring at the TV? Your machine might say you have run 5 miles but you are technically standing on the same spot as you have started running 30 mins ago!
Until recently Mr J has helped to spice things up a little bit and I started to find sports more enjoyable than before.
First we picked up tennis, there is a tennis court within 5 mins from our flat. Since the weekend weather has been fantastic, (thank god no rain... at least in the morning) we decided to take out our dusty raquet and hit some balls. I must admit the lovely weather helped a lot and Mr J has been quite a patient tennis partner = )
Next he took me to the gym and went through some weight training with me. Somehow... what used to look extremely boring doesn't look that meaningless and pointless anymore.
I guess having a sports buddy makes it more fun. And I have to thank Mr J for bringing the fun to me = )
No comments:
Post a Comment