From city to city - This stop is London, 倫敦.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

First-time Voters



John and I was lucky enough to be selected as the live audience of BBC's program "First Time Voters - Question Time"  

As the name stated, this program is basically a "question time" for the first time voters to challenge the MP candidates from the main political parties.

I have always pay little attention to politics. It might be because most chinese are not politiciality-sensitive or the people around me are not.  After I came to the UK, I realized that a lot of times UK politics are the center of the topics on news, on comedian show or even a talk with my neighbour!

It was definitely a fun night.  A lot of the audience are college or even high school students.  I am amazed by their intelligence and the quality of their questions.  They practice debate of child obesity are more interesting!

Anyhow, would LOVE to go on similar show again!

P.S.  I was debating myself whether I should spend £80 for a "up in the mountain seat" to see Eason Chan at Royal Albert Hall.  Turns out.... I would rather go to this question time which is free and yet offer a lot of intellectual insight!

1 comment:

eimi said...

sounds like a good experience and interesting!