Two months flew by quickly. I have been soo occupied which I hardly think about New York - The BIG CITY which I lived for the past one and a half years before I came to Oxford.
Cities in my eyes......
Oxford is a small town with big culture. Genuine nice people with international perspective and knowledge. Low profile but big thinking! The past two months I have learnt to be patient (queing) to be nice (thanking the bus driver) and to be prepared (well equipped for the unexpected weather!)
New York is a big city with big people (in terms of size and attitude) The world has been overwhelmed by the sugarcoated wrapping that they never realize inside is rotten. The BIG people, like the big city itself are both overrated. I learnt to be unfriendly (ignore any people who need help as it might be a trap) to be rude (never give way cause if you do you will never get your way) be polite (saying thank you to avoid any unnecessary trouble) I tried soo hard to discover the soul of the people and the city.. but to discover that they are more interesting to look at from a distance.....
No comments:
Post a Comment